PRI Show 2016 Event Line-up Released
Dozens of workshops, seminars, and special events have been confirmed and finalized for the 2016 Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show, taking place December 8–10, 2016, at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana.
As the world’s premier event dedicated solely to the business of racing and all things motorsports, the PRI Show provides racing retailers, race engine builders, race car builders, warehouse distributors, racers and race teams with a bevy of new products and equipment, systems solutions, business strategies and innovative technologies to help further their businesses and racing programs.
“The 2016 PRI Show is on track to be the best ever,” said PRI General Manager Bill Miller. “With great conferences, 1,100 plus exhibiting companies and thousands of buyers, Indianapolis is the place to be the second week of December.”
This year’s lineup of pre-Show events and conferences includes:
• Nearly a dozen activities will take place before the PRI Show officially opens, making it convenient for attendees to participate in conferences and seminars like the Vehicle Dynamics & Data Acquisition Seminar, Advanced Engineering Technology Conference (AETC), Race Track Business Conference (RTBC) and more. Events begin Monday, December 5, and continue through the Show. “Many attendees like to fly in early and join in the pre-Show activities, thereby leaving their schedules wide open to connect with exhibitors and do business later in the week,” said Miller. “These pre-Show events are among the highest rated activities at the Show.”
• International Council of Motorsport Sciences’ (ICMS) Annual Congress: The two-day event provides sanctioning body personnel, car designers and builders, race team managers, and drivers with the latest information in safety and technology. Sponsored by the ICMS, the program features leading experts in medicine, physiology, applied science and motorsports safety.
• Day at the Speedway: PRI Show guests are invited to tour the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway and take a ride around its 2.5-mile oval before having lunch at the nearby Union Jack’s. After lunch, participants will return to the Hall of Fame Museum, which houses 75 historic vehicles, the famed Borg-Warner Trophy and much more.
The PRI Show officially kicks off with the Grand Opening Breakfast on Thursday, December 8, at 8 a.m., in the Indiana Convention Center’s Sagamore Ballroom, where renowned motorsports journalist Dave Despain of MAVTV will interview Indy car legend Rick Mears in a live talk show format served alongside a hot, catered breakfast. In addition, a pair of new events for 2016 will be featured during Show days:
• Student Breakfast: Headlined by NASCAR Sprint Cup driver David Ragan, the all-new Student Breakfast is a chance for current industry members to connect with aspiring industry professionals. PRI exhibitors and attendees will meet top students from throughout the country to share stories, advice and experiences, and help inspire a future generation of racing professionals.
• International Motorsports Trade Seminar: Join a panel of leading international buyers and top manufacturers for a primer on selling internationally at the inaugural PRI International Motorsports Trade Seminar, presented in partnership with the Motorsport Industry Association (MIA) and SEMA, in which seasoned exporters, top overseas buyers and other key stakeholders will share best practices and proven success strategies.
• “The primary focus of the PRI Show remains on the Show floor, where attendees come to discover and purchase the latest and most advanced hardcore racing products for their businesses,” said Miller. “With everyone in the motorsports industry gathered together, the PRI Show is also the ideal time for the industry to connect and immerse itself in new ideas, trends and solutions. December in Indy will be the ideal time to focus on the business of racing.”
The 2016 PRI Show is scheduled to include more than 1,100 exhibiting companies, and attracts tens of thousands of motorsports professionals. As a trade event, proof of industry affiliation is required to attend. To secure credentials and learn more about the events and activities at PRI 2016, visit www.pri2016.com.